HOMOSASSA, Fla. – On Thursday, the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team, along with the support of the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team, executed a search warrant at 6451 W Park Dr. in Homosassa.
Detectives from CCSO’s Tactical Impact Unit and Community Crimes Unit were aware of a nuisance residence in the community and developed an investigative strategy to gather evidence that led to the issuance and execution of this narcotics search warrant.
Upon arrival to the W. Park Dr. residence, deputies discovered 14 people living on the property in various sheds, campers, and RV’s, all of which were utilizing power from the main structure that was already in complete disrepair. After securing the residence and individuals on scene, officials proceeded with the execution of the lawful search warrant.
Detectives located various narcotics to include large trafficking amounts of methamphetamine (35.5 grams), black tar heroin, narcotic pills, cannabis wax, and cannabis. A 9mm pistol and $1,729.00 in cash were also seized during the search warrant.
The following subjects were arrested and charged accordingly:
- Mark Charles Weatherly, 20 – Trafficking in methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance (heroin), possession of a controlled substance (buprenorphine), possession of a controlled substance (cannabis wax), Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of a handcuff key, resisting arrest without violence, and possession of paraphernalia. Weatherly also had an outstanding Citrus County warrant for Failure to appear for possession of paraphernalia. (3 prior felony convictions)
- Amy Susan Lyons, 49 – Possession of paraphernalia
- Jamey Laramee, 44 – Possession of paraphernalia (2 prior felony convictions)
- Faith Marie Bergman, 42 – Possession of a controlled substance, possession of cannabis under 20 grams, and possession of paraphernalia (3 prior felony convictions)
- Louis Michael Lauro, 47 – Possession of a controlled substance, possession of cannabis under 20 grams, possession of paraphernalia, and own/lease/rent a drug dwelling (4 prior felony convictions)
- Shonda Lea Sergent, 33 – Possession of a controlled substance, possession of paraphernalia, and possession of cannabis under 20 grams (2 prior felony convictions)
- Ashlee Rose Felsentreger, 26 – Possession of paraphernalia
- Richard Clarence Miller, 26 – Possession of paraphernalia (4 prior felony convictions)
- Shirley Rena Hughes, 28 – Possession of paraphernalia (1 prior felony conviction)
- Ormond Kenneth Revels, 49 – Possession of a controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia (14 prior felony convictions)
“Thank you to our diligent professionals for getting these drugs off our streets,” said Sheriff Prendergast. “They are the men and women in green that work tirelessly to protect the residents of our great county. We will continue to fight illicit drug activity in our community at every given opportunity.”
“Thanks to great partnerships, like the one we have with the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, drug dealers are not safe anywhere in Florida.”
After the successful arrests of those involved, County Code Compliance responded to the residence to complete a thorough examination of the property’s condition. County representatives advised they would begin the legal process to demolish the structures on the property and rid Citrus County completely of this nuisance dwelling.