Four people were injured in a shooting at Timberview High School in Arlington, Texas, Wednesday morning, authorities said.
The suspect, an 18-year-old student, fled the scene and is now in custody, authorities said.
Two of the victims suffered gunshot wounds, police said. Three of the four victims were hospitalized.
Three victims were students and one was an older person who may have been a teacher, police said.
Police identified the suspect as 18-year-old Timothy George Simpkins.
Police said this was not a random act of violence and that the suspect allegedly got into a fight before drawing the weapon.
A teacher said he heard the shooting and barricaded in a classroom with his students.
The “all clear” was given at the school following a lockdown. Students are being escorted to another building to be reunited with their families, the Mansfield Independent School District said.
ATF officials are at the scene and we will update this story as details are released.
- Marine Who Publicly Criticized The US Afghanistan Withdrawal Will Be Released From The Brig
- Homeless Florida Woman Survives Early Morning Alligator Attack
- Pennsylvania Electrical Worker Goes On Florida Killing Spree
- 77-Year-Old Florida Woman Killed When Front End Loader Reverses Over Her Car
- “Holy Sh*t” Woman Shoves Another Woman Into Moving NYC Subway Train, Caught On Video
- Group Representing Nation’s School Boards Asks Biden To Dispatch Federal Authorities On Parents Who Object To Left-Wing Education Practices
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon