SARASOTA COUNTY, FL. – The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office arrested a 30-year-old Bradenton man after he attempted to rob a Sarasota business.
On Monday just before 9:00 a.m., deputies responded to the 3000 block of 17th Street for the report of a robbery. According to an employee, the suspect entered the business demanding money and stated he was armed, although no weapon was initially observed.
When the employee told the suspect there was no cash, he fled from the scene. Detectives obtained surveillance video from the business which showed the suspect leaving in a dark gray sedan.
Patrol deputies eventually located the suspect vehicle driven by Tyler Johnson, 30, who was wearing the same clothing seen in surveillance footage. Johnson was taken into custody, and detectives later executed a search warrant on his vehicle where a firearm was discovered under the seat.
Johnson is charged with a single count of Robbery.
He was convicted in 2019 on charges of Trafficking in Stolen Property and False Information to a Pawn Broker. Johnson remains in custody today on $15,000 bond while the investigation continues, and additional charges are pending.
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon
- Illegal Alien Arrested For Attempted Murder In Florida After Slashing Man With Box Cutter
- “No Gold Medal” Florida Man Running From Cops, Jumps From Bridge To Avoid Capture, Arrested
- Florida 2nd Grade Student Suspended 36 Days Over Not Wearing Mask
- Kenny Chesney Returns To The Road With Here And Now 2022, Tampa April 23
- Separate Polls, Similar Results: More Than 70% Of Americans Both Think Country Is Off Track, Disapprove Of Congress
- “Simply Recovery” Florida Woman, Owner Of Drug Rehab Clinic Arrested Selling Fentanyl To Clients