The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office has arrested the suspect responsible for shooting and hospitalizing a child Saturday.
Jontavius Monroe, 33, was arrested on Tuesday, November 9, 2021, without incident.
Monroe, 33, is an eight-time convicted felon. He faces multiple charges, including Aggravated Battery, Attempted Murder in the First Degree, Discharge Firearm from a Vehicle, Shooting Into a Vehicle, and Felon in Possession of a Firearm.
On November 6, 2021, at 10:05 a.m., Monroe engaged in a verbal dispute with another customer at the CITGO gas station, located at 12020 E Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
Following the exchange, the suspect was observed following the other customer out of the parking lot, heading north on Pine Street.
While driving in their respective vehicles, the suspect pulled up next to the other customer’s car, and shot into it, striking a child in the leg.
The juvenile victim was transported to the hospital with a non-life-threatening injury.
“A verbal dispute between two grown men should never end with a child being shot, and I pray for the child’s quick recovery,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister. “Not only did this suspect put the lives of the victim and the other customer in danger, but also all those who shared the road with them while this incident took place.”
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Announces Legislative Session Agenda, Leaving OSHA
- Retired Florida Man Gets An Early Christmas Gift, $1,000,000
- “I’m Just Going To Kill You” Florida Man Who Called 911 For A Ride Home, Arrested Again For Strangling Mom
- Tampa Holiday Tradition Winter Village Returns With Outdoor Ice Rink And Tampa Bay Lightning Themed Fun
- Kenny Chesney Returns To The Road With Here And Now 2022, Tampa April 23