The Biden administration is reportedly flying migrant minors to New York state from Texas, the New York Post reported on Tuesday.
The flights reportedly started in August, unnamed sources told the Post. Two planes carrying migrants who appeared to be kids, teenagers and a few men in their 20s landed at the Westchester County Airport late Wednesday and Friday evening.
The passengers reportedly disembarked from the planes and boarded buses while law enforcement officials observed, according to the Post. Some of the migrants were seen meeting sponsors or family members in New Jersey while others were taken to a residential facility in Long Island.
The migrants arrived at the airport with backpacks before they were transported to several locations around New York City, including Newburgh, New York and Danbury, Connecticut, according to the Post. The bus reportedly stopped at MercyFirst in Long Island, New York, where the Catholic Sisters of Mercy assist minors.
Some 100 people boarded buses at the Westchester airport on Wednesday and were taken to a service area where cars arrived and picked them up, according to the Post. Several residents who live near the airport said they’ve been disturbed by the late-night flights and that airport operations have changed over the past few months.
Around 2,000 migrants who illegally entered the U.S. and were apprehended by law enforcement officials have been flown to the Westchester County Airport since Aug. 8, according to online flight data, the Post reported. Some of the flights arrived between midnight and 6:30 a.m.
“Our Office of Refugee Resettlement facilitates travel for the children in its custody to their family or sponsors across the country,” Department of Health and Human Services spokesperson Jorge Silva said, the Post reported. “In recent weeks, unaccompanied children passed through the Westchester airport en route to their final destination to be unified with their parents or vetted sponsor.”
Nearly 19,000 unaccompanied migrant minors were apprehended in August, according to Customs and Border Protection data. Around 118,250 unaccompanied migrant kids were encountered at the southern border from January through August.
- Florida Man Caught On Camera Having “Horseplay’ With A Miniature Horse
- FBI Offering $15,000 Reward In Murder Of Florida Teen Nykeria Simmons
- Study: Florida Gov. DeSantis Ended Biden’s COVID Handouts, And “Kicked The Economy Into Overdrive”
- Straight To The Top: A Rapper Turns ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Into The Most Popular Song On iTunes
- Sheriff Seeking Murder Suspect In Killing Of 74-Year-Old Florida Woman
- Marine Jailed After Criticizing Military Leaders For Afghanistan Withdrawal Found Guilty Of All Charges
- Walmart Goes “Woke” Pushing CRT, Telling White Cashiers And Shelf-Stockers That They Are The Privileged Members Of ‘White Supremacy System’
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon