First, President Joe Biden’s administration abandoned America’s Afghan allies and even provided the Taliban “kill lists” containing the names and other information of people who had assisted the U.S. during our nation’s longest war.
Now, American allies in Yemen, where Biden’s former boss, President Barack Obama, launched a war six years ago, are being held captive as Iranian-backed militants stormed the American embassy looking for equipment and materials, the Washington Free Beacon reported on Thursday.
According to the Free Beacon, a group of Houthi rebels raided the U.S. embassy grounds on Wednesday, five days after the bandits kidnapped three Yemeni nationals who work for the embassy. With these three hostages, the Houthis in recent weeks have snatched at least 25 Yemenis who work primarily as security staff at the embassy.
The State Department told the Free Beacon that the Houthis won’t say why they grabbed the embassy personnel. U.S. diplomats also say that most of the 25 captives have been freed, but an unknown number of others remain prisoners of the Houthis.
Apparently, no Americans work at the embassy, as they were called home as the civil war there intensified. Yet the compound remains sovereign U.S. territory.
The kicker in this incident, though, is that a month after taking office Biden repealed the terrorist designation that the Trump administration had placed on the Houthis.
According to the conservative website National Review, former President Donald Trump’s labeling them terrorists had cut off the Houthis “from financial support and other material resources that are routed through U.S. banks or other American institutions.” Biden also halted aid to the Yemeni government battling the Houthi rebels, including stopping arms sales.
- Two More Human Smugglers Arrested By Florida Highway Patrol, Illegal Immigrants Sent To Border Patrol
- Tunnel To Towers Foundation Pays Off Home Mortgage Of Florida Gold Star Family
- Trucking, Retail Groups Sue Biden Over Vaccine Mandate
- 1,300 Afghan Kids Were Brought To The US Without Their Parents
- Tampa Holiday Tradition Winter Village Returns With Outdoor Ice Rink And Tampa Bay Lightning Themed Fun
- Bret Michaels In Concert With Warrant, First Public Appearance In Florida In Two Years
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon