HERNANDO COUNTY, FL. – Cleaning rags in a patio storage room ignite a fire in Weeki Wachee on Friday.
On Friday, just after 5:00 pm, Hernando County Fire and Emergency Services (HCFES) responded to a reported residential fire in the 6000 block of Patricia PL.
The call came in by the owner who reported a “boom in the patio area”.
The homeowner investigated the sound and saw fire in the patio storage room. The owner got a garden hose and extinguished the fire prior to the arrival of the fire department.
The first engine arrived within 10 minutes and reported light smoke from the house. The crew advanced a hose stream and extinguished the remaining smoldering fires and checked the attic space for fire extension. The fire did not go beyond the area of origin.
The fire resulted in damage to the interior of the patio storage room and the eaves of the home. After an investigation by crews on the scene, it is believed that the fire originated from cleaning rags used to season an LP grill that were placed in a trash can.
HCFES responded with 3 fire engines, 1 Ladder Truck, 2 ALS medic units, 2 Battalion Chiefs, and Fire Corps, for a total of 18 personnel.
- Michigan Lottery Winner Dies Before Spending His Jackpot
- 77-Year-Old Florida Woman Killed When Front End Loader Reverses Over Her Car
- EXCLUSIVE: Jailed Marine Who Demanded Accountability Offered To Resign Under Honorable Conditions And Was Rejected
- Florida Man Arrested For Accosting And Stalking Female Trump Supporter
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
- Florida Man Sticks His Hand In A Jaguar Cage At The Zoo, Jaguar 1 – Florida Man 0
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.