BROOKSVILLE, FL. – At 1:14 a.m. Hernando County Fire and Emergency Services (HCFES) and the Brooksville Fire Department responded to a reported residential fire in the 19000 block of Oakdale Ave.
The call came in by the homeowner who evacuated the structure prior to arrival. Brooksville Tower 61, and HCFES Medic 10 arrived within 5 minutes and reported a fully involved structure fire.
Fire crews advanced multiple hose streams and extinguished the fire within 25 minutes
The fire caused extensive damage to the home resulting in a total loss.
During the initial investigation, the homeowner described that the home had no electricity and was illuminated with candles. The origin and cause is currently under investigation.
HCFES responded with 2 fire engines, 2 ALS medic units, 2 Battalion Chiefs, and Fire Corps, for a total of 15 personnel. BFD responded as automatic Mutual aid with 1 Ladder truck and 3 personnel.
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon
- Drone Footage At Rittenhouse Trial Reveals Clearest Footage Yet Of Rosenbaum Shooting
- Retired Florida Man Gets An Early Christmas Gift, $1,000,000
- “I’m Just Going To Kill You” Florida Man Who Called 911 For A Ride Home, Arrested Again For Strangling Mom
- Tampa Holiday Tradition Winter Village Returns With Outdoor Ice Rink And Tampa Bay Lightning Themed Fun
- Kenny Chesney Returns To The Road With Here And Now 2022, Tampa April 23