ST. PETERSBURG, FL. – CareFest in St. Pete returns for Spring 2022. The yearly celebration of volunteering and giving back to the community in St. Pete has returned for the month of March.
Neighborhood and community-based groups, houses of worship, corporate teams, school clubs, businesses, fraternities, sororities, and individuals are invited to participate in local weekend projects from March 5-27.
“As a City of Compassion, St. Pete knows that once our own needs are met, we must look to the needs of others. CareFest allows community members to make a direct positive impact by helping their neighbors who live, work, and play in St. Pete,” said the City of St. Petersburg in a statement.
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
- Adopt a Project: Visit carefestusa.com to adopt a local project or submit a project
- Organize a Neighborhood Cleanup: Neighborhood leaders can contact the Community Services Department at Ivan.Fountain@stpete.org or 727-892-5141 for more information and to schedule. Up to two neighborhood cleanups may be scheduled in the city per weekend.
- Host a Donation Drive: Collect items to donate to local nonprofit organizations. Contact the Community Services Department at ICAN@stpete.org or 727-551-3249 for more information.
- Donate Funds: Make a donation at a Power of Change Donation Station to support homeless services. Donate to the Utility Assistance Program through a one-time or recurring donation for any amount through your City of St. Petersburg utility bill; more information and registration at stpete.org/UtilityAssistance.
- Contact the Community Services Department at ICAN@stpete.org or 727-551-3249 for a list of project ideas, partners, local organizations and ways to help.
Community members are encouraged to help the City of St. Petersburg track their impact by emailing ICAN@stpete.org to report how they helped the community during CareFest. More information can be found at stpete.org/CareFest.