July 2, 2020
By: Staff Report
CLEARWATER Fla. – On June 19th, the Upper Pinellas Political Committee celebrated the opening of their new office with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, inaugurating the headquarters for grassroots campaigning on behalf of the Republican Candidates in Pinellas County.
Speaker Designate of the Florida House of Representatives Chris Sprowls joined the group to kick-off the inauguration and was accompanied by some of the top brass of Pinellas County.
In attendance for the ceremony was:
- Speaker Designate of the Florida House of Representatives Chris Sprowls.
- Charles Thomas (incumbent and candidate, Pinellas County Tax Collector)
- Stephanie Meyer (candidate, Pinellas School Board), Larry Ahern, a former member of the Florida House of Representatives and candidate for the Pinellas County Commission against long-time Progressive Democrat Janet Long)
- Curtis Holmes (incumbent and candidate for the Largo City Commission)
- Tammy Vasquez (candidate for Pinellas County Commission against long time Democrat Charlie Justice)
- Maryellen Crowder (candidate, East Lake Special First District board),
- Ken Burke (Pinellas County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller)
- Joyell Bobala (candidate, Pinellas County Tax Collector.)
According to Ron Ogden Chairman of the Upper Pinellas Political Committee, “We are supporting this campaign office as our first effort for the PAC.”
Penny Lee Todd, in a Facebook quote, said, “Two Men, Ron Ogden and John Keller, saw the need for a grassroots hub where we Republicans can roll up our sleeves and come together supporting local, state and federal
candidates as well as our Amazing President, and stand for the freedoms of our country.”
The new headquarters is located at 29162 U.S 19 North, between Curlew Rd and 580 in Clearwater.