CITRUS COUNTY, FL.- A Citrus County man was arrested for DUI after crashing into a patrol car that was disabled due to an earlier crash.
On Saturday at 1:50 AM, a marked Citrus County Sheriff’s Office patrol car was traveling westbound on West Dunnellon Road, east of West Rainbow Street in emergency response to a call for service.
Troopers say an unoccupied 2008 Ford Expedition, was parked facing eastbound on the right shoulder of Dunnellon Road, disabled from an earlier crash. Traveling over standing water, the Deputy lost control of the patrol car which collided with the disabled vehicle.
After the impact, the patrol car and sport utility vehicle rotated and stopped in the
center of the roadway and south shoulder.
At 2:18 AM, a 2018 Toyota Tundra, was traveling eastbound on Dunnellon Road failed to observe the now disabled patrol car with emergency lights activated and the left side of the Tundra sideswiped the left side of the patrol car.
Following this second crash, the Tundra came to a controlled stop.
FHP Troopers later determined that the driver, 49-year-old Callum Mansfield from Dunnellon, was impaired and arrested for DUI Property Damage and Careless Driving.
Mansfield provided a breath sample of 0.211 troopers.
- Naked Boston Woman Drives Golf Cart Through Florida Police Standoff, Gets Arrested
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Expresses Concern About Biden Admin Cutting Supply Of Effective Antibody Treatments
- Florida Man Steals Pickup Truck, Crashes, Pretends To Grill On Strangers Porch
- “Gut Him” Florida Woman Pulls Knife On Man After Dispute Over Her Passing Gas At Dollar General
- Florida Man And Woman, In Colorful Simpsons Shirts, Arrested On Multiple Drug Charges
- “Snickers Satisfies” Florida Man Arrested After Armed Robbery Of A Snickers Bar At Wawa
- “Toll Booth Willy” Florida Man Arrested After ‘Showing It All’ At Seven Toll Booths
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.