CITRUS COUNTY, FL. – Sheriff Prendergast, along with the Emergency Management team, are closely monitoring Elsa. Citrus County is still under a Tropical Storm Warning as well as a Coastal Surge Warning.
What to expect:
- Storm Surge of 3-5 feet. The West Side of the county should use caution when
traveling along US 19
- Winds will be arriving around later tonight and are expected to persist throughout the night into the morning. These winds are predicted to be 50 -60 mph and may reach upwards of 70 mph.
The Citrus County Board of County Commissioners has issued a voluntary evacuation for low-lying areas west of U.S. Highway 19 and all mobile homes, manufactured homes, and recreational vehicles throughout the county. Again, this is a voluntary evacuation.
To find your evacuation zone, please visit our emergency management page at https://www.sheriffcitrus.org/emergency-management.php
Shelters will be OPENING today at 6 p.m., at the following locations (PLEASE NOTE THAT NOT ALL LOCATIONS ARE OPEN, ONLY THOSE LISTED BELOW):
- Renaissance (Special Needs) – 3630 W Educational Path, Lecanto, FL 34461
- Lecanto Primary (General Population & Pet Friendly) – 3790 W Educational Path, Lecanto, FL 34461
- Public shelters should be an option of last resort. Citizens should make all preparations to shelter with family or friends and exhaust all other options before utilizing a public shelter.
What to bring to the shelter:
- A 72-hour supply of all required medications
- All medical equipment and supplies (oxygen tanks, etc.) required for those
with special needs
- Personal information (Identification with photo)
- Any special dietary needs or food (must be non-perishable)
-Extra batteries or an external power supply for electronic devices
Citizen Information Lines will remain open until 9 p.m. tonight to answer any weather-related or preparedness questions about Tropical Storm Elsa.
CIL: (352) 249-2775
Please ONLY use 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency.
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.