ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – Two additional people are charged in the January 29th death of a 13-year-old boy at a street racing event.
Carlos Fernandez, the driver of the motorcycle, and Allan Boreland Jr., the owner of the motorcycle. Fernandez and Boreland turned themselves into the Pinellas Jail on Wednesday evening.
Investigators confirmed that Saturday night, January 28th, a crowd had gathered on 28th Street North near 110th Avenue North for illegal street racing.
In the news: 3-Year-Old Boy Dies In Florida After Shooting Himself With Handgun
Johnny Julio Martin brought his 13-year-old son, Ethan Julio Martin, to attend the event. At 12:35 a.m., Sunday, the teen crossed 28th Street into the path of a motorcycle traveling in excess of 100 m.p.h.
The motorcycle struck and killed Ethan and also injured a bystander.
Carlos Fernando Fernandez, 21, the driver of the motorcycle, has been charged with the following:
- Culpable Negligence – Manslaughter (2nd-degree Felony)
- Vehicular Homicide (3rd-degree Felony)
- Reckless Driving (3rd-degree Felony) Causing the Serious Bodily Injury of Erick Borlasca, age 21.
- Street Racing (Misdemeanor)
- Operating a motorcycle Without an Endorsement (Misdemeanor)
Allan Jason Boreland Jr, 39, the owner of the Motorcycle has been charged with the following:
- Culpable Negligence – Manslaughter (Felony)
- Street Racing as a Spectator (Moving Violation)
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. Follow Us On Facebook Here Or Twitter Here. Signup for our free newsletter by clicking here.
Login To Facebook From Your Browser To Leave A Comment