On Monday, Facebook went down, as did all of their platforms such as Oculus, Whatsapp, and Instagram, for some users.
Downdetector shows close to 100,000 reports from around the globe of users experiencing the outage, and over 8,000 comments.
The apps which are all owned by Facebook, and run on shared infrastructure completely stopped working shortly before 12 pm. Other products that are part of the same family of apps, such as Facebook Workplace, also stopped working, according to reports.
Visitors to the Facebook page simply get an error page or a message that their browser could not connect.
WhatsApp and Instagram apps continue to work, but do not show new content, including any messages sent or received during the problems.
“We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products,” company spokesman Andy Stone wrote on Twitter Monday around 12 p.m. “We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience.”
Facebook has been the subject of controversy over the past few weeks following an investigation by The Wall Street Journal into documents leaked by a whistleblower showing the company’s inner workings.
We have reached out to Facebook to get an estimated time for the platforms to be back online and will update this story when details are released.
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Releases Statement On First Lady DeSantis’ Breast Cancer Diagnosis
- Homeless Florida Woman Survives Early Morning Alligator Attack
- Pennsylvania Electrical Worker Goes On Florida Killing Spree
- 77-Year-Old Florida Woman Killed When Front End Loader Reverses Over Her Car
- EXCLUSIVE: Jailed Marine Who Demanded Accountability Offered To Resign Under Honorable Conditions And Was Rejected
- Florida Man Arrested For Accosting And Stalking Female Trump Supporter
- Group Representing Nation’s School Boards Asks Biden To Dispatch Federal Authorities On Parents Who Object To Left-Wing Education Practices
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years