A South Dakota, woman was convicted of two counts of Assault Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury, one count of Health Care Fraud, and one count of Obtaining Controlled Substances by Fraud was sentenced on October 22, 2021, by Judge Jeffrey L. Viken, U.S. District Court.
Frenchone One Horn, a/k/a Frenchone Kills In Water, age 41, was sentenced to 60 months in federal prison to be served consecutively on each count of Assault Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury.
One Horn was sentenced to 24 months in federal prison on the charge of Health Care Fraud, to be served consecutively to the assault charges.
As to the charge of Obtaining Controlled Substances by Fraud, One Horn was sentenced to 12 months in federal prison. In total, One Horn was sentenced to 12 years in federal prison, followed by three years of supervised release, and ordered to pay $400 in special assessments to the Federal Crime Victims Fund.
One Horn was indicted for the charges by a federal grand jury on October 22, 2020. She pleaded guilty on May 28, 2021.
One Horn was addicted to prescription controlled substances and was no longer able to obtain controlled substances as a result of her behavior.
One Horn assaulted others, including her minor children, in order to obtain prescriptions from medical providers for the injuries she intentionally inflicted. As a result of One Horn’s actions, three victims lost four fingers to amputation.
One Horn fabricated stories as to how the individuals received their injuries, and also provided false statements to health care providers in order to obtain controlled substances and health care benefits.
Once the individuals received controlled substances, One Horn took the controlled substances, despite the individuals having significant bodily injuries.
This case was investigated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – Office of Inspector General and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Assistant U.S. Attorney Megan Poppen prosecuted the case.
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon
- Illegal Alien Arrested For Attempted Murder In Florida After Slashing Man With Box Cutter
- “No Gold Medal” Florida Man Running From Cops, Jumps From Bridge To Avoid Capture, Arrested
- Florida 2nd Grade Student Suspended 36 Days Over Not Wearing Mask
- Kenny Chesney Returns To The Road With Here And Now 2022, Tampa April 23
- Separate Polls, Similar Results: More Than 70% Of Americans Both Think Country Is Off Track, Disapprove Of Congress
- “Simply Recovery” Florida Woman, Owner Of Drug Rehab Clinic Arrested Selling Fentanyl To Clients