Florida gas prices continue to gradually decline as 5.4 million Floridians prepare to hit the road for the holidays.
Pump prices averaged $3.23 per gallon on Sunday, after slipping 3.5 cents last week. The state average has declined 12 cents per gallon since Thanksgiving, down from the 2021 high of $3.36 per gallon on November 20th.
Gas prices are still slowly adjusting to the recent drop in crude oil prices. The price of U.S. oil plummeted 13% on Black Friday on concerns about how the Omicron variant could limit global mobility.
Oil prices appeared ready to stage a comeback last week, but lost momentum by weeks end. Friday’s settlement of $70.86 per barrel is 1% less than a week ago, 10% less than the price before Thanksgiving, and 16% below the November high of $84.15/b.
“Holiday travelers are getting the gift of falling prices at the pump, though these prices surely aren’t falling as fast as many would like,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “Travelers are poised to pay about a dollar per gallon more than they did last year. Even still, after many decided to stay home and play it safe last year, it appears that higher gas prices will not be a big deterrent. AAA forecasts a strong 28% rebound in road trips compared to last year.”
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.42), Naples ($3.30), Fort Lauderdale ($3.29)
- Least expensive metro markets – Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.09), Punta Gorda ($3.12), The Villages ($3.12)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
- Consider paying cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
- Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program can save 5 cents per gallon when they fill up at Shell. Click here for more information.
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
|AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES|
(Price per gallon of regular unleaded gasoline)
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Record High|
Click here to view AAA’s Year-End Holiday Travel Forecast.
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.