TAMPA, Fla. – Florida gas prices increased last week, as was projected in AAA’s Gas Price Brief.
On Sunday, drivers paid an average price of $3.31 per gallon. That’s 9 cents more than last week, according to AAA.
The state average rose 11 cents in total, reaching $3.33 per gallon on Thursday before slipping a couple of cents lower by the weekend.
In the news: Hillsborough Surveying Residents About Waterset Sports Complex In Apollo Beach
“Despite last week’s jump at the pump, Florida gas prices are still 27 cents per gallon less than this year’s high, which was recorded at the end of January,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “Price hikes like these are common this time of year as spring vacations drive-up gasoline demand, while refineries conduct seasonal maintenance due and switch to Summer gasoline.”
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.52), Fort Lauderdale ($3.36), Naples ($3.36)
- Least expensive metro markets – Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.21), Panama City ($3.22), Pensacola ($3.26)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
- Pay with cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle. Every 100 pounds taken out of the vehicle improves fuel economy by 1-2 percent.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. Follow Us On Facebook Here Or Twitter Here. Signup for our free newsletter by clicking here. We can’t do this without your help; visit our GiveSendGo page and donate any dollar amount; every penny helps.
Login To Facebook From Your Browser To Leave A Comment