Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis delivered a terse message to the Biden administration as it moves closer to wrapping up a national COVID-19 vaccine mandate:
See ya in court.
At a press conference on Thursday, DeSantis said his staff was ready to sue President Joe Biden in an effort to stop the policy, which Biden announced last month.
“We are going to contest that immediately. We think the state of Florida has standing to do it,” DeSantis told reporters during a Florida Department of Health event in Lee County, according to the Daily Mail. “We also know businesses that we’re going to work with to contest it.”
“Let’s not have Biden come in and effectively take away — threaten to take away — the jobs of people who have been working hard throughout this entire pandemic,” DeSantis added “I am offended that a police officer could potentially lose their job.”
The Daily Mail noted that the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration forwarded the proposed mandate to the Office of Management and Budget for review. The policy, if adopted, could affect 100 million workers – or two-thirds of the nation’s workforce.
Biden announced the mandate last month, saying to those who are not vaccinated, “We’ve been patient, but our patience is wearing thin. And your refusal has cost all of us.”
On Thursday, DeSantis denounced such thinking.
“I know Biden is trying to force this on everybody. One, I think it’s your choice, I don’t think you should get fired over this issue, and we want to protect people’s jobs, but two, it is absolutely is going to have a negative impact on the economy,” the governor said.
“I just think it’s fundamentally wrong to be taking people’s jobs away, particularly given the situations that we see ourselves facing with the economy.”
- Study: Florida Gov. DeSantis Ended Biden’s COVID Handouts, And “Kicked The Economy Into Overdrive”
- Florida Man Sentenced To Life For Brutal Murder Of Shyeanne Lewis
- Florida Education Commissioner Urges Biden Admin To Quit Illegally Meddling In State COVID Policies For Schools
- High School Student Arrested For Refusing To Wear A Mask At School
- Florida Mom Calls For ‘Mass Exodus’ From Public Schools To Fight Indoctrination
- ‘My Agent Called’: Viral Kamala Harris Space Video Featured Child Actors
- Biden Climate Pact Hobbles US Manufacturing And Agriculture But Gives China, India, Russia A Pass
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon