A Florida man was reportedly killed for an inability to control his cat.
James Taylor Jr., 41, was shot to death Oct. by a neighbor who complained about Taylor’s cat being on his property, according to the Marion County’s Sheriff’s Office.
Clifton Bliss Jr. was arrested on a second-degree murder charge.
A woman who was with Taylor in his home told investigators that someone knocked at the door, the Ocala StarBanner reported.
Looking out the window, she and Taylor saw someone with a gun.
Taylor went outside, and while speaking to him, Bliss threatened to shoot the cat, reportedly because the feline had ventured onto his property.
Taylor asked why he would shoot the animal, and ordered him off his property.
Bliss then shot Taylor.
Two men who drove by as Taylor lay in his yard asked if he was all right. “No,” he replied, “I’m dying.”
Bliss claimed there was an altercation before he fired at Taylor. The woman with Taylor denied that. Other witnesses who spoke to Bliss after the shooting also told cops they did not believe that.
Neighbors described Bliss as a “hothead” who always carried a gun, and who frequently complained about dogs and cats in the neighborhood.
- Florida Man Caught On Camera Having “Horseplay’ With A Miniature Horse
- Two Florida Teachers Arrested After Drinking, Entering Wrong Home And Shooting Man
- Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Photo Director, Wounds Producer With Prop Gun On Set Of “Rust”
- Levin: Florida Gov. DeSantis Is ‘Very Impressive,’ And ‘Done A Helluva Job’ Handling COVID
- Straight To The Top: A Rapper Turns ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Into The Most Popular Song On iTunes
- Walmart Goes “Woke” Pushing CRT, Telling White Cashiers And Shelf-Stockers That They Are The Privileged Members Of ‘White Supremacy System’
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon