Deputies assigned to the Marine Unit and DUI Unit investigated an overnight boating crash that resulted in the arrest of 38-year-old Paul Rae.
Rae is currently on federal supervised release status due to his indictment in the January 6, 2021 incident at the US Capitol.
On October 2, 2021, at approximately 10:00 p.m., deputies assigned to the Marine Unit responded to a small island in the intercostal waterway near 794 182nd Avenue East.
Multiple witnesses reported the crash after the vessel was traveling northbound at high speed. The vessel ran aground on the small island and deputies located it approximately 75 feet from the waterline.
Also located on the island were Rae and his passenger, both uninjured and showing signs of impairment.
Deputies assigned to the DUI Unit conducted a BUI investigation and Rae showed several indicators of impairment. Rae was arrested and taken to the Pinellas County Jail where he was booked on one count of Boating under the Influence.
Rae was released from jail on his own recognizance shortly after 9:00 a.m.
The boat, which remained grounded overnight, will be removed from the island by a towboat company this morning, according to PCSO.
- Michigan Lottery Winner Dies Before Spending His Jackpot
- Pennsylvania Electrical Worker Goes On Florida Killing Spree
- 77-Year-Old Florida Woman Killed When Front End Loader Reverses Over Her Car
- EXCLUSIVE: Jailed Marine Who Demanded Accountability Offered To Resign Under Honorable Conditions And Was Rejected
- Florida Man Arrested For Accosting And Stalking Female Trump Supporter
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
- Florida Man Sticks His Hand In A Jaguar Cage At The Zoo, Jaguar 1 – Florida Man 0
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.