Florida man, Marvin Peavy, is paying a $50 a day fine to hang political banners outside of his home.
“Let’s Go Brandon” and “Trump Won” banners extending three stories high, are in violation of local code enforcement laws, costing Peavy $50 per day.
“I’m here on the beach, and I got a lot of traffic, and people needed to see what I believe in,” a grinning Peavy told WMBB-TV. “That’s free speech, and I wanted everyone to know that I’m a Republican and I’m supporting Donald Trump.”
Walton County Code Compliance official Michael Lynch told WMBB that the land-use code preserves the visual structure of the peaceful beach vacation community, and that the banner’s content is irrelevant.
Peavy had previously flown his “Trump Won” banner last year during the 2020 presidential election, but he removed it after President Biden took office, and this past Saturday added, “Lets Go Brandon”.
Peavy, not backing down, told WMBB that people all over the nation have offered to pay the fines for him.
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon
- Illegal Alien Arrested For Attempted Murder In Florida After Slashing Man With Box Cutter
- “No Gold Medal” Florida Man Running From Cops, Jumps From Bridge To Avoid Capture, Arrested
- Florida 2nd Grade Student Suspended 36 Days Over Not Wearing Mask
- Kenny Chesney Returns To The Road With Here And Now 2022, Tampa April 23
- Separate Polls, Similar Results: More Than 70% Of Americans Both Think Country Is Off Track, Disapprove Of Congress
- “Simply Recovery” Florida Woman, Owner Of Drug Rehab Clinic Arrested Selling Fentanyl To Clients