A Florida man was reloading ammo prior to his home exploding on Thursday, resulting in a total loss and sustaining serious injuries.
According to officials, Hillsborough County Fire Rescue (HCFR) responded to a report of an explosion at a residence on Thursday, October 7th, 2021.
The emergency call came into the HCFR dispatch center at 4:19 pm from a neighbor who heard the explosion.
Investigators say that upon arrival at 4:28 pm, crews found severe damage to 75% of the single-family residence at 3330 King Charles Circle in Seffner.
As HCFR units arrived, they located two adult residents who were inside the home at the time of the blast and sustained significant injuries.
The man and woman were assisted out of the rubble by neighbors and both adults were transported emergency by HCFR to a local trauma facility.
The male patient remains in critical but stable condition, and the female patient has been treated and released by the hospital.
Investigators say that no other nearby residents or animals were injured during the explosion, and no injuries were sustained during the rescue or investigation.
According to Hillsborough County Fire Rescue’s Lead Fire Investigator, Dave Tucker, “We quickly mobilized the most highly trained explosives experts in the region to ensure there was no greater risk to the community.”
The investigation of the incident was conducted with the aid of fire and bomb technicians from the Florida State Fire Marshal’s Office, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), and Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office assisting Hillsborough County Fire Rescue’s Fire Investigators.
Upon arrival, the male occupant advised the HCFR crews he was actively reloading small arms ammunition inside the house when the explosion occurred.
He reported there were six pounds or more of smokeless powder in the immediate area.
According to investigators, no evidence discovered points towards criminal charges.
“The residence was turned over to the homeowners and is a total loss,” said HCFR.
- Florida Sheriff Offers ‘Staycation’ For Whoever Lost 770 Pounds Of Marijuana
- Florida Mom Calls For ‘Mass Exodus’ From Public Schools To Fight Indoctrination
- “I Would Have Shot Him” Florida Man, 90, Punches Neighbor In The Face Twice Gets Arrested
- Florida Road Ranger Airlifted After Fiery I-75 Crash Involving Frozen Food Truck
- As Florida Appeals Court Tosses Mask-Mandate Lawsuit, Gov. DeSantis’ Office Notes The ‘Reality’ For School Masks
- Florida Teen Arrested In Homicide Of 16-Year-Old
- 77-Year-Old Florida Woman Killed When Front End Loader Reverses Over Her Car
- “Holy Sh*t” Woman Shoves Another Woman Into Moving NYC Subway Train, Caught On Video
- Group Representing Nation’s School Boards Asks Biden To Dispatch Federal Authorities On Parents Who Object To Left-Wing Education Practices
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon