Florida Man Was Reloading Ammo Prior To House Explosion, Total Loss Of Home

A Florida man was reloading ammo prior to his home exploding on Thursday, resulting in a total loss and sustaining serious injuries.

According to officials, Hillsborough County Fire Rescue (HCFR) responded to a report of an explosion at a residence on Thursday, October 7th, 2021. 

The emergency call came into the HCFR dispatch center at 4:19 pm from a neighbor who heard the explosion.

Investigators say that upon arrival at 4:28 pm, crews found severe damage to 75% of the single-family residence at 3330 King Charles Circle in Seffner. 

As HCFR units arrived, they located two adult residents who were inside the home at the time of the blast and sustained significant injuries. 

The man and woman were assisted out of the rubble by neighbors and both adults were transported emergency by HCFR to a local trauma facility. 

The male patient remains in critical but stable condition, and the female patient has been treated and released by the hospital.

Investigators say that no other nearby residents or animals were injured during the explosion, and no injuries were sustained during the rescue or investigation.

According to Hillsborough County Fire Rescue’s Lead Fire Investigator, Dave Tucker, “We quickly mobilized the most highly trained explosives experts in the region to ensure there was no greater risk to the community.”

The investigation of the incident was conducted with the aid of fire and bomb technicians from the Florida State Fire Marshal’s Office, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), and Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office assisting Hillsborough County Fire Rescue’s Fire Investigators.

Upon arrival, the male occupant advised the HCFR crews he was actively reloading small arms ammunition inside the house when the explosion occurred.

He reported there were six pounds or more of smokeless powder in the immediate area. 

According to investigators, no evidence discovered points towards criminal charges.

“The residence was turned over to the homeowners and is a total loss,” said HCFR.

Support journalism by clicking here to our GoFundMe or sign up for our free newsletter by clicking here

Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon


Login To Facebook From Your Browser To Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *