A Florida woman is $1,000,000 richer after picking up a huge win from a stop at Publix.
The Florida Lottery announces that Ruth Marin Lugo, 63, of Miami, claimed a $1 million prize from the $5,000,000 CASHWORD Scratch-Off game at the Miami District Office.
She chose to receive her winnings as a one-time, lump-sum payment of $780,000.00.
Marin Lugo purchased her winning ticket from Publix, located at 8341 West Flagler Park Plaza in Miami. The retailer will receive a $2,000 bonus commission for selling the winning Scratch-Off ticket.
The $20 game, $5,000,000 CASHWORD, launched in May 2020 and features eight top prizes of $5 million and 24-second tier prizes of $1 million! The game’s overall odds of winning are one-in-2.91.
Scratch-Off games are an important part of the Lottery’s portfolio of games, comprising approximately 75 percent of ticket sales and generating more than $1.3 billion for the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund (EETF) in fiscal year 2020-21.
- Florida Man Didn’t Know His Ticket Was $1,000,000 Winner
- Florida Man Gets a $5,000,000 Smile, Winning Wednesday
- Florida Man Has $2,000,000 Reasons to Celebrate the Holidays
- Florida Woman Takes Lump Sum of $875,000 On Scratch Off Win
- 28-Year-Old Polk County Man Wins $2,000,000
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.