TAMPA, Fla. – The City of Tampa is opening 16 Tampa Parks & Recreation sites for Out of School Camp. This is at the direction of Mayor Jane Castor to assist families impacted by the closing of Hillsborough County Public Schools this week.
On Monday, September 26, and Tuesday, September 27, the following sites will be opening daily from 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12.
OUT OF SCHOOL CAMP SITES:
- Spring Hill Community Center
1000 E Eskimo Ave, Tampa, FL 33604
- Rowlett Activity Center
2313 E Yukon Street. Tampa, FL, 33604
- Forest Hills Community Center
724 W 109th Ave, Tampa, FL 33612
- Copeland Community Center
11001 N 15th St, Tampa, FL 33612
- Jackson Heights Community Center
3310 E Lake Ave, Tampa, FL 33610
- Port Tampa Park Community Center
4702 W McCoy St, Tampa, FL 33616
- Loretta Ingraham Center
1611 N Hubert Ave, Tampa, FL 33607
- Cyrus Greene Center
2101 E Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Tampa, FL 33610
- Grant Park Community Center
3724 N 54th St, Tampa, FL 33619
- Fair Oaks Community Center
5019 N 34th St, Tampa, FL 33610
- Gwen Miller Community Center
6410 N 32nd St, Tampa, FL 33610
- Benito Community Center
10065 Cross Creek Blvd. Tampa, FL, 33647
- DeSoto Park Center
2617 Corrine St, Tampa, FL 33605
- P.A.L. (Police Athletic League)
1924 W. Diana St., Tampa, FL 33604
- Kate Jackson Community Center
821 S Rome Ave, Tampa, FL 33606
- Wellswood Community Center
4918 N Mendenhall Dr, Tampa, FL 33603
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR FAMILIES
• Families must live in City of Tampa limits to be eligible.
• Please pack lunch and snacks for children planning to attend.
• Participants who do not currently hold a rec card must see a Parks and Rec staff member to complete a registration form.
Additionally, all other Tampa Parks & Recreation programs will be canceled until further notice (i.e., athletic games, field rentals) starting Tuesday, September 26.