A former mail carrier in Florida has pleaded guilty to stealing cash and gift cards from his delivery route.
James Sweat, 60, Jacksonville, has pleaded guilty to stealing an item from the mail while employed by the United States Postal Service (USPS). Sweat faces a maximum penalty of five years in federal prison.
A sentencing date has not yet been set.
According to the court documents, Sweat worked as a Rural Carrier Associate in the Baldwin Station in Jacksonville.
The Station Manager suspected that Sweat might be stealing cash and gift cards from the mail and notified the USPS – Office of Inspector General to investigate.
On June 4, 2021, agents caught Sweat stealing $60 from a greeting card.
Sweat admitted that he had been stealing cash from the mail for about a month and estimated that he had opened approximately 100 items of mail and stolen approximately $1,000.
This case was investigated by the United States Postal Service – Office of Inspector General. It is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Frank Talbot.
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon
- Illegal Alien Arrested For Attempted Murder In Florida After Slashing Man With Box Cutter
- “No Gold Medal” Florida Man Running From Cops, Jumps From Bridge To Avoid Capture, Arrested
- Florida 2nd Grade Student Suspended 36 Days Over Not Wearing Mask
- Kenny Chesney Returns To The Road With Here And Now 2022, Tampa April 23
- Separate Polls, Similar Results: More Than 70% Of Americans Both Think Country Is Off Track, Disapprove Of Congress
- “Simply Recovery” Florida Woman, Owner Of Drug Rehab Clinic Arrested Selling Fentanyl To Clients