A 70-year-old Florida woman was arrested and spent a day in jail after refusing to leave her daughter alone in the hospital.
A former Ohio Sheriff’s Deputy, Lynn Savage, 70, said, “I stand by my actions 100%. I am not sorry that I made them take me out of there in handcuffs.”
Savages’ daughter was in the hospital recovering from brain surgery and is non-verbal, and partially paralyzed after suffering a stroke.
“I could not in good conscience and good heart leave her bedside not knowing how she was going to make it through the night voluntarily,” Savage said.
Savage told reporters that the nurses at the hospital told her she had to leave at 7 p.m. per COVID-19 visiting hours. She tried to get the nurse to contact the doctor to approve her to stay, but the nurse refused.
“I said, ‘I’m not going to leave. I want to stay here with my daughter,’” Savage said.
As a former deputy sheriff in Stark County, Ohio, Savage knew the possible consequences for refusing to leave.
According to the arrest report, “security officers spent a couple of hours pleading for the suspect, Ms. Lynn Savage, to leave.”
“Their sheriff’s office came up. They were also very polite. They kept trying to get me to leave and I said, ‘I’m not leaving,’” Savage said.
Savage said she spent roughly 24 hours in jail. She is facing trespassing charges and is expected to appear before a judge on Oct. 20.
- Study: Florida Gov. DeSantis Ended Biden’s COVID Handouts, And “Kicked The Economy Into Overdrive”
- Florida Man Sentenced To Life For Brutal Murder Of Shyeanne Lewis
- Florida Education Commissioner Urges Biden Admin To Quit Illegally Meddling In State COVID Policies For Schools
- High School Student Arrested For Refusing To Wear A Mask At School
- Florida Mom Calls For ‘Mass Exodus’ From Public Schools To Fight Indoctrination
- ‘My Agent Called’: Viral Kamala Harris Space Video Featured Child Actors
- Biden Climate Pact Hobbles US Manufacturing And Agriculture But Gives China, India, Russia A Pass
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon