August 14, 2020
By: Staff Report
TAMPA, Fla. – Beginning today, Friday, Aug. 14, Hillsborough County residents will be able to receive free testing for antibodies to the COVID-19 coronavirus.
The state-run site at Raymond James Stadium, 4201 N. Dale Mabry Highway, will offer 200 antibody tests a day, which indicates whether the person has antibodies associated with a past infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. The site is operational Tuesdays through Thursdays from 8 am to 4 pm and also will offer self-administered COVID-19 coronavirus tests. Those receiving an antibody test will also take the self-administered COVID-19 coronavirus test at the site.
Tests for COVID-19 coronavirus – but not antibody tests – will continue at the following locations:
- Lee Davis Community Resource Center, 3402 N. 22nd St., Tampa
- Plant City Community Resource Center, 307 N. Michigan Ave., Plant City
- SouthShore Community Resource Center, 201 14th Ave. SE, Ruskin
- USF Health Therapy (MDT) building, 3515 E. Fletcher Ave., Tampa
- Tampa Family Health Centers, 12085 W. Hillsborough Ave., Tampa
- Suncoast Community Health Centers, 313 S. Lakewood Drive, Brandon
- Redeemer Lutheran Church, 701 Valley Forge Blvd., Sun City Center
- Wimauma Opportunity Center, 5128 S.R. 674, Wimauma
No pre-registration is required for the antibody tests and are available only while supplies last. The antibody test must be specifically requested upon arrival and registration will occur on-site. Pre-registration requirements for all other COVID-19 coronavirus tests are listed at HCFLGov.net/CovidTesting.
COVID-19 coronavirus public testing has been a collaboration among Hillsborough County, the City of Tampa, the Florida Department of Health in Hillsborough County, the University of South Florida, and medical groups in the region, including BayCare, Tampa General Hospital, AdventHealth, HCA Healthcare – West Florida Division, Tampa Family Health Centers, Inc., the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay/Transcare, and Suncoast Community Health Centers, Inc. Locations for some test sites have been offered by Redeemer Lutheran Church in Sun City Center and Enterprising Latinas in Wimauma.
Publishers Note: While The Free Press will always be free for our readers, and ad-supported, we are asking our loyal readers to consider a monthly donation of $3 to maintain our local journalism and help us grow, as we ramp up ad sales locally.
We thank you all for your consideration and supporting local journalism.