HERNANDO COUNTY, FL. – At the Tuesday, September 28 final budget hearing, the Hernando County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) approved the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 final budget totaling $623,106,376.
Commissioners voted to lower the existing 7.6412 general fund millage rate to 7.4412 and increase the Transportation Trust Fund from 0.7091 to 0.8091 to provide funding for maintaining and improving the County’s growing transportation system.
Overall, the County millage decreased from 9.4844 to 9.3844.
The General Fund includes the Clerk of Court, Property Appraiser, Sheriff’s Office, Supervisor of Elections, Tax Collector and programs and services provided by the BOCC such as emergency management, animal services, parks and recreation, facilities management, libraries, health and human services, economic development, veterans services, code enforcement, planning, zoning, extension services, administration and more.
Adoption of the final millage rates are as follows:
Fund Description Final Millage Rate
General Fund 7.4412
Transportation Trust Fund 0.8091
Health Unit Trust Fund 0.1102
Emergency Medical Services MSTU 0.9100
Stormwater Management MSTU 0.1139
- “Snickers Satisfies” Florida Man Arrested After Armed Robbery Of A Snickers Bar At Wawa
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Announces Actions Against Developers Associated with Hilltop Village in Jacksonville
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
- Florida Man Sticks His Hand In A Jaguar Cage At The Zoo, Jaguar 1 – Florida Man 0
- A Message From Florida’s New Public Health Chief: The State Will ‘Completely Reject Fear As A Way Of Making Policies In Public Health’
- Florida Man Steals Pickup Truck, Crashes, Pretends To Grill On Strangers Porch
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.