HERNANDO COUNTY, FL. – On Thursday, undercover detectives with the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office conducted Compliance Checks and Alcohol Buys at various locations throughout Hernando County.
A total of 12 locations were visited throughout the evening.
At the conclusion of the operation, 10 clerks did not permit the sale of alcoholic beverages to the underage customer, successfully following the law.
Clerks at two businesses did allow the underage customer to purchase an alcoholic beverage, a violation of the Florida Beverage Law, F.S.S. 562.11.
The offenders are mandated to complete Responsible Vendor Training (RVT), an online course which is administered by the Hernando County Community Anti-Drug Coalition, within 30 days of the violation. The course reinforces the importance of responsible alcohol and tobacco sales and service, reviews Florida beverage laws, and demonstrates practices on how to prevent alcohol sales to underage persons.
Stores in VIOLATION (allowed the sale of alcohol to underage person) were as follows:
- BP – 1156 Mariner Boulevard, Spring Hill, FL
- 7 Eleven – 7170 Barclay Avenue, Brooksville, FL.
Stores in COMPLIANCE (did not allow the sale of alcohol to underage person) were as follows:
- 7 Eleven – 18226 Powell Road, Brooksville, FL
- Circle K – 3275 Broad Street, Spring Hill, FL
- Citgo – 478 Broad Street, Brooksville, FL
- Mobil – 75 Broad Street, Brooksville, FL
- Speedway – 100 Mariner Boulevard, Spring Hill, FL
- Seven Hills Liquor – 150 Mariner Boulevard, Spring Hill, FL
- Exxon – 13075 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, FL
- Warehouse Wing and Liquor – 3077 Anderson Snow Road, Spring Hill, FL
- 7 Eleven – 14333 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, FL
- Beer Frog – 14249 Powell Road, Spring Hill, FL.
More operations of this nature are planned for the future.