HERNANDO COUNTY, FL.- On Wednesday, all five of Hernando County Sheriff’s K-9 teams traveled to Pinellas County to complete their annual FDLE certification.
During this yearly certification, each canine and handler team is evaluated on building searches, area searches, obedience, and apprehension. All five teams passed all areas of evaluation.
In a press release HCSO said, “Please join us in congratulating these deputies and their fearless canine partners! Their dedication to hard work and training not only keeps our deputies and citizens safe, it makes certification days a breeze.”
The K-9 teams that were certified are as follows:
- Corporal Stephen Miller (K-9 Unit Supervisor) and K-9 Justice
- Deputy Jason Jernigan and K-9 Maxx
- Deputy Jeff Andrews and K-9 Chase
- Deputy Greg Locke and K-9 Argo
- Deputy Johnathan Weeks and K-9 Meck.