August 31, 2020
By: Staff Report
HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. – Hernando County Sheriff’s Office has been busy keeping Hernando County safe.
The Sheriff’s Office posted a briefing for the public and it’s as follows:
LAW ENFORCEMENT OPERATIONS
• Deputies responded to:
– Suicidal Subject/Baker Act – District 2/Zone 5 – A third-party called 911 to report a man was making threats to do self-harm. Deputies made contact with the individual who continued to make suicidal statements and refused to seek help. He was Baker Acted – 2020-25409.
– Residential Burglary – District 1/Zone 5 – A homeowner arrived at his residence to find it had been ransacked. Numerous items were removed from the residence – Investigation active – 2020-25454.
– Suicidal Subject/Baker Act – Deputies responded to a residence where a man was making suicidal comments. The man had climbed onto the roof of his residence and was threatening to jump off. A deputy was able to build a rapport and talked him into coming down off of the roof – Baker Act – 2020-25491.
– Vehicle Burglary – District 2/Zone 1 – A deputy on proactive patrol noticed a truck in the parking lot of Harold’s Auto with its interior lights on. The deputy noted the individual inside the vehicle fled upon being spotted – Investigation active – 2020-25507.
– Residential Burglary – District 1/Zone 2 – Media release forthcoming – 2020-25469.
– Aggravated Battery with a Motor Vehicle/Hit and Run – District 2/Zone 3, A male suspect and a female victim got into a disagreement. The victim got into a vehicle and attempted to leave. The suspect got into another vehicle and followed the victim. The suspect used his vehicle to ram and then block the victim from leaving. The suspect also wrecked a trailer on his vehicle into a utility pole. The suspect fled prior to law enforcement’s arrival. The suspect refused to return to the scene and refused to cooperate with the investigation – Investigation active – 2020-25515.
– Commercial Burglary – District 2/Zone 7 – A suspect was captured on video surveillance making entry into a storage unit – Investigation active – 2020-25529.
– Armed Robbery/Grand Theft – District 1/Zone 5 – An individual reported he was walking in the area of Twigg Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard when he was robbed at gunpoint. The suspect took the victim’s vehicle, wallet, and phone – Investigation active – 2020-25484.
– Discharging an Explosive Device – District 2/Zone 6 – A man called to report his neighbor’s mailbox had been destroyed. The man reported hearing a loud bang before coming outside and seeing the debris from the mailbox on the ground – Investigation active – 2020-25582.
– Residential Burglary – District 1/Zone 5 – Media Release forthcoming – 2020-25624.
– Commercial Burglary – District 1/Zone 6 – A business owner called to report an unknown individual cut a hole in the siding to a warehouse and entered an office area – Investigation active – 2020-25561.
– Flee /Elude/Possession of Narcotics– District 1/Zone 9 – Media Release forthcoming – 2020-25654.
• Total # of inmates housed in the Hernando County Detention Center – 539
– Number of Federal Inmates (included in total) – 67
– Number of Pasco County Inmates (included in total) – 34
– Number of inmates housed in the Medical Unit (included in total) – 10
– Number of Juvenile Inmates – 0
– Active Hospital Posts – 1
• Number of inmates transported to COURT:
– First Appearance (no transport required) – 5
– County Misdemeanor Court – 3
– Circuit Felony Court – 1
– Drug/Mental Health/Veterans Court – 0.
• Booking Data (previous 24 hours or previous weekend):
– Number of inmates Booked In – 28
– Number of inmates Booked Out (Released) – 34