A Henderson Hammock Charter School student is facing charges after making threats to harm students and staff.
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021, HCSO deputies responded to the charter school in Citrus Park, after reports of a planned shooting.
Other students reported the plan to administrators, who contacted the sheriff’s office. Several students came forward stating Emily Roche, 13, was planning a school shooting and had created a map with locations of security cameras and a “hit list” of teachers and students she did not like.
“Lives were saved by the bravery of the students who came forward with information,” said Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister. “ The safety of our students is a priority. I am urging all parents to talk with their children about the importance of speaking up and reporting anything suspicious. As always, if you see something, say something, it could save a life.”
Roche was taken into custody and charged with Written Threats to Kill or Conduct a Mass Shooting and was placed under a Baker Act.
- Florida Man Caught On Camera Having “Horseplay’ With A Miniature Horse
- Two Florida Teachers Arrested After Drinking, Entering Wrong Home And Shooting Man
- FBI Offering $15,000 Reward In Murder Of Florida Teen Nykeria Simmons
- Study: Florida Gov. DeSantis Ended Biden’s COVID Handouts, And “Kicked The Economy Into Overdrive”
- Straight To The Top: A Rapper Turns ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Into The Most Popular Song On iTunes
- Walmart Goes “Woke” Pushing CRT, Telling White Cashiers And Shelf-Stockers That They Are The Privileged Members Of ‘White Supremacy System’
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon