An Illinois woman with three children was charged with first-degree murder after shooting a man who refused to kiss her, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.
Claudia Resendiz-Flores, 28, recently moved in with James Jones, 29, and his girlfriend when Resendiz-Flores allegedly asked Jones for a kiss while drinking together Thursday night, Cook County prosecutors said at her bond hearing on Saturday, the Sun-Times reported.
After Jones declined to kiss Resendiz-Florez, she subsequently asked Jones’ girlfriend for a kiss, which she refused.
After requesting that Jones kiss her a second time, Resendiz-Flores grabbed Jones’ gun from under a couch cushion in the apartment and aimed it at him, prosecutors said. Jones allegedly tried to lower the gun when he saw Resendiz-Flores’ take the safety off and put her finger on the trigger, but she allegedly lifted her arms, shooting him fatally in the chest.
Jones’ girlfriend called 911, the Sun-Times reported. Resendiz-Flores allegedly admitted to shooting Jones and has been charged with first-degree murder.
Resendiz-Florez is married to a man she is separated from, and she is the sole caretaker of her three children, the Sun-Times reported. Resendiz-Flores’ attorney, a public defender, reportedly said that her client currently resides in Iowa. A judge ordered Resendiz-Flores to be held without bail, and she is expected to be back in court on Tuesday.
- Florida Man Caught On Camera Having “Horseplay’ With A Miniature Horse
- FBI Offering $15,000 Reward In Murder Of Florida Teen Nykeria Simmons
- Study: Florida Gov. DeSantis Ended Biden’s COVID Handouts, And “Kicked The Economy Into Overdrive”
- Sheriff Seeking Murder Suspect In Killing Of 74-Year-Old Florida Woman
- Marine Jailed After Criticizing Military Leaders For Afghanistan Withdrawal Found Guilty Of All Charges
- Walmart Goes “Woke” Pushing CRT, Telling White Cashiers And Shelf-Stockers That They Are The Privileged Members Of ‘White Supremacy System’
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon