LAKELAND, FL. – U.S. District Judge William F. Jung has sentenced Julio Gonzales, 45, Lakeland, to 2 years and 10 months in federal prison for theft of public money and aggravated identity theft.
As part of his sentence, the court also ordered Gonzalez to pay $110,102.90 in restitution and, separately, entered a forfeiture money judgment against him in the amount of $28,527, the proceeds of the offense of conviction.
Gonzalez had pleaded guilty on June 22, 2021.
According to court documents, from February 2014 through February 2018, Gonzales stole Social Security benefit payments made by the Social Security Administration on behalf of four individuals. In total, Gonzalez knowingly and willfully stole approximately $110,102 in benefits to which he was not entitled. In addition, Gonzales used the identity of an unsuspecting U.S. citizen to commit Social Security fraud.
This case was investigated by the Social Security Administration, Office of the Inspector General. It was prosecuted by Special Assistant United States Attorney Suzanne Huyler.
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Releases Statement On First Lady DeSantis’ Breast Cancer Diagnosis
- Homeless Florida Woman Survives Early Morning Alligator Attack
- Pennsylvania Electrical Worker Goes On Florida Killing Spree
- 77-Year-Old Florida Woman Killed When Front End Loader Reverses Over Her Car
- EXCLUSIVE: Jailed Marine Who Demanded Accountability Offered To Resign Under Honorable Conditions And Was Rejected
- Florida Man Arrested For Accosting And Stalking Female Trump Supporter
- Group Representing Nation’s School Boards Asks Biden To Dispatch Federal Authorities On Parents Who Object To Left-Wing Education Practices
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon