The U.S. Marine who posted public criticism on social media of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan will be released from the brig Tuesday pending a trial by court martial, Capt. Sam Stephenson, Training and Education Command spokesperson confirmed to the Daily Caller News Foundation.
“Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. is being released from confinement today, Oct. 5, 2021, as a result of a mutual agreement between Lt. Col. Scheller, his Defense counsel, and the Commanding General, Training Command,” Stephenson said in a statement. “No additional details regarding the agreement may be released at this time.”
Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller was scheduled to appear for a pre-trial detention hearing Tuesday, which was canceled, a person familiar with Scheller’s case told the DCNF.
The Marine Corps maintains Scheller’s gag order, and Scheller has requested a redress of the order, the person familiar said.
Scheller has also asked that the secretary of the Navy accept his request for a resignation of commission.
Scheller posted a video in August slamming senior military leadership for the chaotic Afghanistan exit and subsequently posted that he had been “relieved for cause,” later posting that he was “ordered to refrain from posting.”
Following the posts, Scheller was put in the brig.
Scheller’s father, Stu Scheller Sr., earlier told the DCNF that his son shouldn’t have been placed under such harsh restrictions.
“So for calling for the truth, they have put him in jail, given him a gag order, stripped him of his position, and applied pressure for 30 days. That is in my opinion the opposite of what leaders should be doing to try to settle this and preserve their reputation,” Scheller said.
Scheller has been charged with “contempt toward officials,” “willfully disobeying” a superior commissioned officer, “failure to obey order or regulation,” and “conduct unbecoming an officer.”
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Releases Statement On First Lady DeSantis’ Breast Cancer Diagnosis
- Homeless Florida Woman Survives Early Morning Alligator Attack
- Pennsylvania Electrical Worker Goes On Florida Killing Spree
- 77-Year-Old Florida Woman Killed When Front End Loader Reverses Over Her Car
- EXCLUSIVE: Jailed Marine Who Demanded Accountability Offered To Resign Under Honorable Conditions And Was Rejected
- Florida Man Arrested For Accosting And Stalking Female Trump Supporter
- Group Representing Nation’s School Boards Asks Biden To Dispatch Federal Authorities On Parents Who Object To Left-Wing Education Practices
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon