Naval Aircrewman 1st Class Christopher Fred, from Sarasota, Fla., assigned to the “Wildcards” of Helicopter Sea Combat 23 (HSC 23) transits the South China Sea in an MH-60S Seahawk helicopter during routine operations. HSC 23, part of Destroyer Squadron Seven, is on a rotational deployment in the U.S. 7th Fleet area of operation to enhance interoperability with partners and serve as a ready-response force in support of a free and open Indo-Pacific region.
With more than 90 percent of all trade traveling by sea, and 95 percent of the world’s international phone and internet traffic carried through fiber optic cables lying on the ocean floor, Navy officials continue to emphasize that the prosperity and security of the United States is directly linked to a strong and ready Navy.
The Free Press thanks all of our men and women in uniform.
Thank you for your service.
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Announces Legislative Session Agenda, Leaving OSHA
- Retired Florida Man Gets An Early Christmas Gift, $1,000,000
- “I’m Just Going To Kill You” Florida Man Who Called 911 For A Ride Home, Arrested Again For Strangling Mom
- Tampa Holiday Tradition Winter Village Returns With Outdoor Ice Rink And Tampa Bay Lightning Themed Fun
- Kenny Chesney Returns To The Road With Here And Now 2022, Tampa April 23