The national media’s efforts to cover for President Joe Biden are now spilling over into sports coverage.
On Saturday in Talladega, Alabama, NASCAR driver Brandon Brown captured his first win on the Xfinity Series circuit after 114 outings.
After the race, NBC Sports reporter Kelli Stavast interviewed the jubilant Brown. As he shared his excitement, the nearby crowd shared something else.
“Oh my God, this is a dream come true! Wow, Talladega! Oh my God, Dad, we did it. Let’s go!” an exuberant Brown exclaimed.
“This is just everything we have hoped and dreamed for. This is everything I’ve ever wanted to do was take the trophy home to Mom and Dad,” he added.
Yet in the background, as Brown talked, chants of “F–k Joe Biden” could be heard by anyone watching – that is, anyone but Stavast.
In the middle of the interview, Stavast told Brown, “As you can hear the chants from the crowd, ‘Let’s go Brandon.’”
Fox News reported that NASCAR had posted the interview on its social media, but then yanked the clip because of the chants.
Meanwhile, some were incredulous about Stavast’s spin on the incident.
Conservative sports commentator Clay Tarvis tweeted, “This NASCAR interview is amazing. Is she really not aware what they’re chanting?”
ON Monday, Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz asked in a tweet about Brown’s interview, “Has @NBCNews issued a correction?”
Another Twitter user quipped, “Joe Biden’s first career xfinity (sic) win is not going down well with the fans at Talladega.”
The Talladega crowd’s refrain about the increasingly unpopular president has become a familiar aside at sporting events, such as college football games, especially in the South.
Writing in The Washington Post on Monday, pollster Henry Olsen noted that of our presidents over the last 40 years, Trump was the only president more unpopular than Biden at this stage in the game.
And at this point, Biden is now worse than Trump was among independents, the people arguably most responsible for electing the Democrat last year. Among those outside the major parties, Biden is 13 percentage points underwater, one point worse than Trump.
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Releases Statement On First Lady DeSantis’ Breast Cancer Diagnosis
- Homeless Florida Woman Survives Early Morning Alligator Attack
- Pennsylvania Electrical Worker Goes On Florida Killing Spree
- 77-Year-Old Florida Woman Killed When Front End Loader Reverses Over Her Car
- EXCLUSIVE: Jailed Marine Who Demanded Accountability Offered To Resign Under Honorable Conditions And Was Rejected
- Florida Man Arrested For Accosting And Stalking Female Trump Supporter
- Group Representing Nation’s School Boards Asks Biden To Dispatch Federal Authorities On Parents Who Object To Left-Wing Education Practices
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon