Work hard, play hard. The 2023 Ford F-Series Super Duty® is a world-class heavy-duty pickup truck that has the power you need on the job site and the capabilities you need on the trail.
A bold redesign has upgraded the power, performance, and style of the next-generation Ford F-Series Super Duty® and many potential owners want to know – how much can the 2023 Ford Super Duty® tow?
The 2023 Ford Super Duty® employs an arsenal of upgraded powertrains that feature a standard 10-speed automatic transmission.
Here is a closer look at the horsepower and torque ratings for the Ford F-Series Super Duty® engine options.
Ford Super Duty® Engine Options
- 6.8-Liter V-8 Gas Engine – 405 Horsepower/445 Pound-Feet of Torque
- 7.3-Liter V-8 Gas Engine – 430 Horsepower/485 Pound-Feet of Torque
- 6.7-Liter Power Stroke® V-8 Diesel Engine – 475 Horsepower/1,050 Pound-Feet of Torque
- High-Output 6.7-Liter Power Stroke® V-8 Diesel Engine – 500 Horsepower/1,200 Pound-Feet of Torque
No matter which powertrain you choose you will enjoy the best-in-class performance. The hard-working Ford F-450 Super Duty® with a 5th-wheel towing setup and the high-output diesel engine will tow a best-in-class 40,000 pounds of cargo. A maximum payload of 8,000 pounds will outperform key competitors in the class.
Ford Super Duty® Towing and Payload Capacities
- Ford F-450 Super Duty® – Best-In-Class 40,000-Pound 5th-Wheel Towing Capacity
- Ford F-350 Super Duty® DRW – Best-In-Class 38,000-Pound 5th-Wheel Towing Capacity
- Ford Super Duty® – Best-In-Class 30,000-Pound Conventional Towing Capacity
- Ford F-350 Super Duty® DRW – Best-In-Class 28,000-Pound Conventional Towing Capacity
- Ford F-350 Super Duty® SRW – Best-In-Class 25,000-Pound Conventional Towing Capacity
- Ford F-250 Super Duty® – Best-In-Class 23,000-Pound Diesel Towing Capacity
- Ford F-350 Super Duty® DRW – Best-In-Class 22,000-Pound Towing Capacity with 7.3-Liter V-8 Engine
- Ford Super Duty® – Best-In-Class 8,000-Pound Payload Capacity
Ford Smart Hitch with Onboard Scales
Is your trailer a little heavier than usual? Do you have extra cargo onboard? You may wonder – does my trailer weigh too much to tow safely? The innovative Ford Smart Hitch with Onboard Scales provides real-time estimates of the weight of your trailer that is relayed to the driver via the 12.0-inch touchscreen display.
Ford Trailer Navigation
When you are traveling to different parts of the country for work or play, you can find yourself in some tight quarters with a trailer that can be difficult to maneuver. Ford Trailer Navigation will provide you with routes that are tailored for larger trailers, making your drive easy and stress-free.
Ford Tailgate Down Camera and Tailgate Down Reverse Sensing System
The 2023 Ford F-Series Super Duty® is available with the first-ever Tailgate Down Camera and Tailgate Down Reverse Sensing System – which uses a camera and sensor at the top of your tailgate to tell you if it is up or down. Visual and audio alerts will make it simpler to hitch up to a 5th-wheel trailer.
Ford Blind Spot Information System for 5th-Wheel Trailers
Traffic in your blind spots is always a concern when you are towing and with the largest 5th-wheel and gooseneck trailers, that blind spot is even more pronounced. The Ford Blind Spot Information System for 5th-Wheel Trailers will provide detailed feedback when a vehicle is in your blind spot.
Ford Pro Trailer Hitch Assist
Do you struggle to back your truck up to your trailer? Ford Pro Trailer Hitch Assist will allow you to avoid that stress and uses a suite of sensors to automatically back your truck up to the trailer. Make your next trip even simpler with Ford Pro Trailer Hitch Assist!
Ford 360-Degree Trailer Camera System
Are you stuck in a tight spot with your trailer? Is your campsite surrounded by trees? Get an overhead view of your trailer with the innovative Ford 360-Degree Trailer Camera System that allows you to see your trailer from all angles and any obstacles in your way.