A Florida man landed behind bars after attempting to trade in a car to the same dealership he stole it from, police said.
Timothy Wolfe, 50, is facing charges of grand theft of a motor vehicle, dealing in stolen property, criminal mischief, and petit theft, according to the Lake City Police Department.
Early last week, Lake City police responded to a report of a stolen vehicle at a Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership.
According to investigators, employees told officers that Wolfe was trying to trade in his vehicle for a new ride but when a VIN search was performed, Wolfe’s trade-in wasn’t his after all.
The car was stolen was the same dealer lot a few days earlier and Wolfe found himself in an awkward situation.
Wolfe, 50, admitted to police that he stole the vehicle, police said, and the crime was captured on the dealer’s surveillance video system.
Wolfe was arrested on charges including grand theft of a motor vehicle and criminal mischief and booked into the Columbia County Detention Center.
- “Snickers Satisfies” Florida Man Arrested After Armed Robbery Of A Snickers Bar At Wawa
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Announces Actions Against Developers Associated with Hilltop Village in Jacksonville
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
- Florida Man Sticks His Hand In A Jaguar Cage At The Zoo, Jaguar 1 – Florida Man 0
- A Message From Florida’s New Public Health Chief: The State Will ‘Completely Reject Fear As A Way Of Making Policies In Public Health’
- Florida Man Steals Pickup Truck, Crashes, Pretends To Grill On Strangers Porch
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.