June 9, 2020
By: Jim Frankowiak
The public is invited to participate in the One Water Virtual Public Meeting set for Thursday, June 11, at 6 p.m. One Water is a component of the overall Unincorporated Hillsborough County Comprehensive Plan update.
It is to update, modernize and combine previously separate Stormwater Management, Potable Water and Sanitary Sewerage Elements of the Unincorporated Hillsborough County Comprehensive Plan to better reflect the interrelated nature of water.
The scope of One Water:
- Recognizes the interrelatedness and value of all water in the County’s Comprehensive Plan
- Coordinates collaborative water resources planning across departments and disciplines
- Creates an infrastructure that achieves multiple benefits – environmental, social and economic
- Develops innovative and creative solutions to meet increasing demands and impacts
- Matches the right resource to the right use
- Place based and impact based approaches
- Enhances utilization of existing infrastructure
- Ensures water is provided, collected, treated and managed in a sustainable manner for current and future county residents
- Provides a framework for new and innovative programming and projects
Additional information, including draft language, as well as registration for the virtual meeting is available at http://www.planhillsborough.org/one-water