(Family Features) Firing up the grill and watching tender cuts sizzle on the grates means a mouthwatering meal is on the way, but don’t forget about the dressings and toppings that make summertime dinners truly delicious.
The next time you want to sear a juicy steak, try this Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Chive Butter recipe from Omaha Steaks Executive Chef David Rose.
Thick, tender filet mignon is grilled to a warm medium-rare doneness then topped with cool, creamy, homemade butter: its perfect summer sidekick.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Chive Butter
Recipe courtesy of Omaha Steaks Executive Chef David Rose
Blue Cheese Chive Butter:
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Omaha Steaks Private Reserve Filet Mignons
- Omaha Steaks Private Reserve Rub
- To make blue cheese chive butter: In medium bowl, use rubber spatula to fold and incorporate butter, blue cheese, chives, salt and pepper.
- Section 18 inches of plastic wrap and place blue cheese chive butter about 6 inches above bottom. Take bottom portion of plastic wrap and place over blue cheese chive butter then shape butter into 1 1/2-inch cylinder.
- Continue to roll butter in plastic; pinch ends of plastic wrap while rolling to tighten cylinder.
- Once size and tightness are achieved, tie off loose ends of plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator 1-2 hours, until blue cheese chive butter is chilled and firm.
- To make filet mignon: Bring filet mignons to room temperature, about 20 minutes; pat dry and season on both sides with rub, to taste.
- Prepare grill for 500 F direct heat.
- For medium-rare, place steaks on grill 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes, or until 130-140 F internal temperature is reached.
- Rest 7-8 minutes before serving.
- Slice chilled blue cheese chive butter into 1/2-inch pieces and place on top of filets.
Discover more grilling inspiration at OmahaSteaks.com/Summer.