PASCO COUNTY, Fla. – Rescue, recovery and clean-up operations are underway in Pasco County as Hurricane Idalia slowly moves out of the area.
Here are the latest updates from Pasco County Government:
- Emergency crews are responding to 911 calls and performing water rescues.
- All East Pasco shelters are closed.
The following West Pasco shelters remain open:
- Fasano Regional Hurricane Center, 11611 Denton Avenue, Hudson
- Fivay High School, 12115 Chicago Avenue, Hudson
- River Ridge Middle and High Schools, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey
- Pasco County Government Offices are closed today and will reopen Thursday, Aug. 31.
- Animal Services will reopen Friday, September 1.
In the news: Spring Hill Man Killed In Pasco County Crash, Speed And Weather Were Factors, FHP
- GoPasco County Public Transportation services will resume Thursday, Aug. 31, as road conditions allow. Rides will be free all day Thursday, and regular fares will resume Friday.
- Public Works crews are clearing debris from roadways.
- Drivers – please treat intersections without working traffic lights as a four-way stop.
- Damage assessment teams are performing countywide inspections.
- Most private haulers will resume trash collection on passable streets Thursday, Aug. 30. Place bins out on regular collection day.
PASCO COUNTY EOC UPDATE
- Two sandbag disposal sites are open to properly dispose of used sandbags:
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course: 7223 Massachusetts Avenue, New Port Richey
Pasco County Public Works (C-Barn)30908 Warder Road, San Antonio
We can’t do this without your help; visit our GiveSendGo page and donate any dollar amount; every penny helps