PASCO COUNTY, Fla – Tropical Storm Idalia was upgraded to a Category 1 storm overnight and is expected to intensify throughout the day.
In the latest update from the National Hurricane Center, a Hurricane Warning remains in effect for Pasco County, while a Storm Surge Warning remains in effect for coastal Pasco County. Overnight, a Flood Watch was also issued for Pasco County.
The latest track information from the National Hurricane Center has the storm slightly west of the original track.
In the news: Idalia Strengthens To Hurricane As It Eyes Florida’s Gulf Coast
Pasco County Government issued a mandatory evacuation for certain areas of Pasco County and voluntary evacuations for other areas as Hurricane Idalia strengthens.
Life-threatening storm surge and hurricane force winds are expected to impact Pasco County.
You must evacuate if one or more of the following applies to you:
- You live in Evacuation Zone A
- You live in a manufactured home, mobile home or RV anywhere in Pasco
- You live in a low-lying area or an area prone to flooding
- You live in a structure that historically has experienced flooding during heavy rainfall
- You’re in an area ordered evacuated by local authorities due to life-safety hazards
You should evacuate if one or more of the following applies to you:
- You live in Evacuation Zones B or C
- You’re registered with Pasco as a Special Needs Resident
- You would be vulnerable in the event of a power loss
We can’t do this without your help; visit our GiveSendGo page and donate any dollar amount; every penny helps