PASCO COUNTY, FL. – U.S. District Judge Brian J. Davis has sentenced Lavern Lee Renninger, 62, Zephyrhills, to 10 years in federal prison for attempted online enticement of a minor to engage in sexual activity.
Renninger was also ordered to serve a 20-year term of supervised release and to register as a sex offender.
Renninger had pleaded guilty on July 19, 2021.
According to court documents, from March 3 through March 18, 2020, Renninger engaged in chats through an online classified advertising site and through text messaging with an individual he believed to be the mother of two children, ages 11 and 13. Unbeknownst to Renninger, the “mother” was an undercover law enforcement officer.
During online conversation, Renninger provided the “mother” with graphic details of the sexual activity that he wanted to engage in with these children. Renninger said he had “90,000 visions of this” during a phone call with the “mother” of the children.
During text conversations that he believed he was having directly with the children, Renninger detailed what he wanted to do to them sexually and stressed the importance of keeping their interactions secret. Renninger was arrested on March 18, 2021, when he traveled to meet the “mother” to engage in sexual activity with the children.
“Child predators prey on our most vulnerable, our children,” said HSI Jacksonville Assistant Special Agent in Charge K. Jim Phillips. “HSI and our partners at the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office are now making sure he is held accountable for those crimes.”
This case was investigated by the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office and Homeland Security Investigations. It was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Ashley Washington.
- Florida Man Caught On Camera Having “Horseplay’ With A Miniature Horse
- FBI Offering $15,000 Reward In Murder Of Florida Teen Nykeria Simmons
- Study: Florida Gov. DeSantis Ended Biden’s COVID Handouts, And “Kicked The Economy Into Overdrive”
- Straight To The Top: A Rapper Turns ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Into The Most Popular Song On iTunes
- Walmart Goes “Woke” Pushing CRT, Telling White Cashiers And Shelf-Stockers That They Are The Privileged Members Of ‘White Supremacy System’
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon