August 22, 2020
By: Staff Report
PASCO COUNTY, Fla.- With Tropical Storm Laura expected to bring heavy rainfall to Florida’s west coast early next week, Pasco County is opening additional sandbag stations to help protect your property from potential flooding.
Sand and sandbags are available at the following locations:
- Pasco County Public Works (C-Barn): 30908 Warder Road, San Antonio
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course: 7223 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey
- Pasco Fire Rescue Station 17: 2951 Seven Springs Blvd., New Port Richey
- Veterans Memorial Park: 14333 Hicks Road, Hudson
- Moon Lake Park: 8985 Lake Dr., New Port Richey
*Note: Sandbag locations are self-serve and are open 24 hours to Pasco County residents; however, sand will only be restocked between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. You should bring a shovel and be prepared to fill your own sandbags.
The most effective placement for sandbags includes entry and exit points of your home. To watch a Pasco video explaining how to properly fill and place sandbags, please visit: bit.ly/PascoSandbags.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Pasco County Customer Service at 727.847.2411.For more information about preparing for disasters – including how to sign up for emergency notifications through Alert Pasco – please visit the Pasco County Department of Emergency Management website: PascoEmergencyManagement.com