May 21. 2020
By: Staff Report
PASCO COUNTY- Pasco County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources (PRNR) is planning to host a modified 2020 Summer Day Camp program due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Online registration begins Saturday, May 30, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. (You must register for all six weeks to participate.) Summer Day Camp plans are contingent upon entering Phase II of Governor DeSantis’ plan to reopen Florida, and wellness indicators while camp is in session.
WHAT: Pasco Parks Summer Day Camp 2020
WHEN: Monday – Friday; June 15 through July 24; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.*
WHO: Limited to Pasco County residents ages 7 through 11
Expect to see these best practices to protect our campers and team members:
- Children’s temperature taken daily before being accepted into camp
- No field trips, to ensure a controlled environment throughout the day
- Sign in/check out at your vehicle
- Reduced camper-to-staff ratios/group intermingling to promote social distancing
- Increased sanitizing of facilities and equipment
- Staff will be required to wear face coverings
For seamless enrollment, be sure to create or update your online account ahead of registration by visiting: bit.ly/PascoCreateAccount.
For more information, including a list of locations, camp capacities and costs, please visit bit.ly/PascoSummerCamp or call (813) 929-1229.
*Please note camp is subject to cancellation based on renewed restrictions from the state or in the event of a positive COVID-19 test within the camp. Refunds will be available for any PRNR-initiated cancellations. The six-week registration requirement prioritizes families with the greatest need for summer childcare and reduces potential exposure to respiratory illness.