PINELLAS COUNTY, FL – This week, Charles W. Thomas, Pinellas County Tax Collector, is thrilled to announce the return of more than $10.6 million in unspent revenue to the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners and local taxing authorities.
His office has returned nearly $55.4 million in unspent revenue since Thomas took office in 2017.
“Here at our organization, financial accuracy and precision are top priorities. In fact, being good stewards of public funds is part of our organizational mission,” Thomas said. “Our team works diligently to be fiscally responsible so that we can return as much money as possible to our community to help Pinellas County remain a leading destination to live and visit.”
The Pinellas County Tax Collector’s Office is fee-based, which means its organizational operations are funded through the fees it collects. These fees, like the $6.25 charged for each driver license transaction, are regulated by Florida state law.
After each fiscal year, it is the tax collector’s responsibility to distribute all unused fees to the local taxing authorities.
Most of this goes to Pinellas County’s General Fund, the main operating fund of the County, which provides services like maintaining local roads and parks, funding things like schools and ambulances, and much more.
Of the $10.6 million returned by the Tax Collector’s Office, the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners received $9.5 million, and the remaining $1.1 million was split amongst other taxing authorities.
Find more info about the Pinellas County Tax Collector’s Office on their website, taxcollect.com.
- Florida Man Caught On Camera Having “Horseplay’ With A Miniature Horse
- Two Florida Teachers Arrested After Drinking, Entering Wrong Home And Shooting Man
- Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Photo Director, Wounds Producer With Prop Gun On Set Of “Rust”
- Levin: Florida Gov. DeSantis Is ‘Very Impressive,’ And ‘Done A Helluva Job’ Handling COVID
- Straight To The Top: A Rapper Turns ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Into The Most Popular Song On iTunes
- Walmart Goes “Woke” Pushing CRT, Telling White Cashiers And Shelf-Stockers That They Are The Privileged Members Of ‘White Supremacy System’
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon