POLK COUNTY, FL. – The Polk County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an occupied burglary that occurred at a vacation rental home in Windsor Island Resort on Sand Mine Road, in the Four Corners area of Davenport.
On Friday, April 1st, at about 7:00 AM, a woman was awakened by an unknown man standing in her bedroom shining a light in her face. The suspect threw a sheet over her face and left her room.
The woman was not injured, according to deputies.
The suspect was described as a black male, approximately 19-21 years old, about 6’2″-6’3″ and 160 pounds. He was said to be wearing a gray hoodie at the time of the burglary.
The victim was able to provide a facial description, and detectives have released a composite sketch of what the suspect may look like.
If you have any information that could be helpful to this investigation, please contact Detective Townes at 863-944-9717 (Case# 22-13672).
Or to remain anonymous, contact Heartland Crime Stoppers in one of four ways:
- CALL 1-800-226 TIPS (8477)
- DIAL **TIPS from your cell phone
- VISIT the website www.heartlandcrimestoppers.com and click on “Submit A Tip”
- DOWNLOAD the free “P3tips” app on your smartphone or tablet.
- You will always remain anonymous and you may be eligible for a cash reward if your information leads to an arrest.