BROOKSVILLE, Fla. – The Florida Sheriff’s Association’s (FSA) Criminal Apprehension Assistance Program (CAAP) has pledged an additional $5,000 in reward money for a tip that leads to an arrest in the February 3rd Homicide in South Brooksville.
The CAAP reward will be paid in addition to the Crime Stoppers cash reward of up to $5,000.
On Feb, 3rd 2021 at 8 p.m., Hernando County Sheriff’s Office 911 dispatchers received calls from residents on Twigg Street in South Brooksville in reference to a shooting.
Deputies responded to 823 Twigg Street where they located one individual deceased from an apparent gunshot wound.
Another victim was already en route via a private vehicle to an area hospital with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
Deputies also found a 13-month-old child with an abrasion to the torso area that appeared to be the result of being grazed by a bullet.
Detectives and members of the HCSO Forensic Unit responded to investigate and process the scene.
Detectives say they have information regarding several potential witnesses who are refusing to come forward at this time.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to call the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office at 352-754-6830.
If you would like to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $5,000, please call Hernando County Crime Stoppers at 1-866-990-8477 (TIPS).
Facts about anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers:
- ALL tips are confidential (the caller is not asked his or her name, nor is he or she required to provide a name);
- The HCSO takes NO steps to investigate the source of the tip(s);
- The payout process is completely anonymous;
- The person who provided the tip is not required to pick up the reward money himself or herself;
- The anonymity applies to EVERY tip submitted in EVERY case.