SARASOTA COUNTY, FL. – Sarasota County Sheriff Kurt A. Hoffman is pleased to promote two sheriff’s office members to new ranks.
Communications Operator I Sondra McCoy is promoted to the rank of Emergency Operations Supervisor assigned to the Emergency Operations Bureau. McCoy joined the sheriff’s office in 2004 as a Public Service Aide before transferring to the Public Safety Communications Center in 2008 as a Communications Operator III.
She was promoted to the rank of Operator II in 2014 and again to Operator I just two years later.
McCoy has served as a Communications Training Officer since 2011 and earned certifications in active shooter, crisis intervention, mental health first aid, progressive supervision, incident dispatch, and many more. She is a current member of both the Incident Dispatch and Critical Incident Stress Management Teams and most recently received the 2020 Emergency Operations Bureau Quality Assurance Award earlier this year.
Deputy Theresa Norton is promoted to the rank of Sergeant assigned to the Patrol Bureau. Norton was sponsored by the sheriff’s office in 2007 as a law enforcement academy recruit and assigned to the Patrol Bureau upon her graduation. In 2012, she began serving as a field training officer providing on-duty instruction to new Patrol deputies.
Norton was nominated for Law Enforcement Division Employee of the Month twice, later receiving the award in 2016. She holds certificates in several areas including crisis intervention, laser and speed measurement, search and seizure, and more. Norton earned her associate’s and bachelor’s degrees from the State University of New York at Canton.
“It gives me great pride to promote these deserving members to the next level in their careers,” said Sheriff Hoffman. “As training officers and exemplary employees in their respective fields, I am certain both Sergeant Norton and Supervisor McCoy will continue to be excellent leaders for their colleagues and community.”
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Announces Actions Against Developers Associated with Hilltop Village in Jacksonville
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Takes Action to Protect State From Impacts Of The Biden Border Crisis
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
- Florida Man Sticks His Hand In A Jaguar Cage At The Zoo, Jaguar 1 – Florida Man 0
- A Message From Florida’s New Public Health Chief: The State Will ‘Completely Reject Fear As A Way Of Making Policies In Public Health’
- Florida Man Steals Pickup Truck, Crashes, Pretends To Grill On Strangers Porch
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.